About Nashville’s Affordable Housing Specialists
Partner With Us
Creating stable, thriving communities takes a team effort. At Urban Housing Solutions, we’re proud to partner with businesses, agencies and individuals that share our heart for Nashville and its residents.
Through our reciprocal relationships with these and other Nashville agencies, Urban Housing Solutions provides affordable housing residents with transportation options, accessible healthcare, and supportive resources.
- Mental Health Cooperative: Full-service behavioral healthcare for adults, children and adolescents.
- Metro Nashville Homelessness Commission: Working to place homeless individuals and families into stable housing.
- Nashville CARES: Advocacy and support for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS.
- Nashville Downtown Partnership: A private sector, nonprofit corporation committed to making Downtown Nashville a compelling urban center where residents can live, work, play, and invest.
- Nashville IDD Housing Group: Advocates for affordable housing for Nashvillians managing intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Park Center: Empowering those with mental illness and substance use disorders to live and work in their communities.
- Trevecca Nazarene University: A Christian community partnering with UHS to offer health and wellness workshops.
- YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee: Helping women, girls and families build safer, more self-sufficient lives by eliminating racism and promoting peace, justice and dignity.
The following housing agencies and nonprofits are working with UHS to co-develop affordable properties where workforce, homeless and special needs populations can live, grow and prosper.
- Affordable Housing Resources, Inc.: Serving low- to moderate-income Nashville and Middle Tennessee families by laying a foundation for successful homeownership.
- Be a Helping Hand Foundation: Providing no-cost job readiness training as well as single- and multi-family housing options for inner-city young adults.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville: Constructing and recycling homes using sustainable, green building practices.
- New Level Community Development Corporation: Empowering people and communities through housing, education and supportive resources.
- Woodbine Community Organization: A HUD-approved housing agency creating opportunities for affordable housing, financial education and civic services.
- The Housing Fund: Provides resources to help individuals and communities create and maintain affordable and healthy places to live.
Urban Housing Solutions is proud to partner with these government agencies to help them accomplish their affordable housing initiatives.
- Barnes Housing Trust Fund: Providing competitive grants to nonprofits for affordable housing development.
- Federal Home Loan Banks: Local banks that are members of the FHLB set aside 10% of net earnings annually to be used as subsidies to finance development of affordable housing that serves very low-, low- and moderate-income households. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis in one offering each year.
- Metropolitan Development & Housing Agency: Creating affordable housing opportunities, supporting neighborhoods and strengthening Nashville communities.
- Sun Trust Community Capital: Partnering with UHS to provide low-income housing through tax credits and loans.
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency: Tennessee’s housing finance agency seeking to expand safe, sound, affordable housing for low- and moderate-income Tennesseans.
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD): Encouraging affordable housing development, homeless assistance, and support services.
UHS extends a special thank you to these banks, lenders and organizations for helping us fund affordable housing, build community infrastructure, and develop supportive programs.
- Bank of America
- Bank of Tennessee
- Barnes Affordable Housing Trust Fund
- Community Foundation
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati
- First Tennessee
- Frist Foundation
- HCA Foundation
- Louisiana-Pacific Foundation
- Memorial Foundation
- Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency
- Nashville Predators Foundation
- Pinnacle Financial Partners
- Regions Bank
- Renasant Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency
- The Healing Trust
- Truxton Trust
- Wells Fargo Foundation
UHS is developing a program that will enhance an organization’s corporate social responsibility profile and engage employees in meaningful community initiatives.
Join Our Team
UHS is currently seeking partnerships with individuals, agencies, and businesses desiring to have a collective impact on Nashville’s affordable housing crisis. To learn more about the benefits of our affordable housing crisis partnership, connect online or call 615.726.2696 today.
“This place is a stepping stone, and I’ve been stepping up.”
“I count my blessings every day that I found Urban Housing Solutions.”