Journeys of Hope
Leaving a drug rehabilitation center and immediately entering mainstream housing can be a recipe for disaster. Journeys of Hope provides specialized housing for people in recovery and, if applicable, their families. Living with others facing the same struggles and temptations often cements what residents learned in rehab and gives them the courage to move into mainstream housing.
- Have a primary diagnosis of “substance use disorder”*
- Have completed a licensed alcohol and drug treatment program (or six months in structured transitional living; or at least one year verifiable sobriety/clean time)
- Have at least 30 days sobriety/clean time and be able to pass a drug screen
- Be motivated in their recovery as evidenced by regular participation in a recognized 12-Step recovery program (AA, CA, or NA) and sponsorship
- Be willing and able to attend at least three (3) recognized 12-Step meetings weekly, as well as weekly residential group meetings and one-on-one sessions with our addiction counselor
- Be verifiably employed and maintain employment**
- No criminal background that includes sex offenses or arson
- Applicants with a history of violent offenses will be considered on a case by case basis
- Applicants must not have a pending case at the time of application. An applicant’s criminal history is not exclusionary for residence within Journeys of Hope except as previously specified.
Application Process (There is a lengthy waiting list for income-based units in this program):
- Call (615) 726-2696, ext. 121 for an appointment with the Journeys of Hope program manager.
- Once you’re approved for the program, you will complete the housing interview process with our leasing office. You may reach our leasing office by calling (615) 726-2696, ext. 133 between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- If you want an apartment with income-based rent, you must bring a signed homeless verification form and obtain a signed disability verification form (unless you have your SSI or SSDI determination leter).
- There is a $10 application fee and $50 non-refundable reservation fee due at time of application payable by money order only.